Friday, June 10, 2011

Prayer Meeting

Surprisingly my mother and my best friend ( Poh Hoong ) attended  the prayer meeting with me today! This situation is totally hardly can be seen in church, because… one is my dearest family member and one is my dearest friend =) I’m so HaPpY tonight ^^

Prayer Meeting means An evangelical service, especially one held on a weekday evening, in which the laypersons participate by singing, praying, or testifying their faith.

I believe the power of praying… I like the time when we all can gather together and pray for each others, the community and the church…
 
A prayer is a two-way event. You speak and you listen. That’s how prayer works as well. We tell God our thoughts, our needs, our hopes, and then we listen to him speak to us through his Word and his Spirit.  

The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. He grants the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them.
Psalm 145:18-19

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf and give thanks for them.
1 Timothy 2:1

In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me whole-heartedly, you will find me, Jeremiah 29:12-13

The testimony I want to share is… there was once I pray for my financial problem in my family… God did answer it and manage to help my family go through the situation from going to get loan from bank at that time…

I found that we are easy to pray for something but with whole-heartedly and righteousness we pray for, God always listen and He will never fail to answer us on the right place, and the right time =)


No comments:

Post a Comment